Currently I am in planning phase for website, product and service design. I am looking for a student intern who is studying IT and web development. Time commitment is 5-10 hours per week.
Activities will include:
- Customer research. Conducting surveys with customers to understand their problems and the current ways they solve those problems.
- Data analysis. Using Microsoft Excel to analyze customer purchasing data to identify purchasing patterns and opportunities.
- Marketing channel research. Find where potential customers collect both online and offline, develop strategies and activities for reaching them.
- Website development. Work with technology leads (not hired yet) to launch new website, collect website metrics and connect website metrics with CRM.
- CRM system. Research cloud-based and client-based CRM systems, evaluate based on data and needs criteria and cost, recommend one solution for implementation.
I am looking for the following qualities in an intern:
- A passion for the internet and making things happen.
- A positive attitude.
- A willingness to do hard work (anything worthwhile takes effort)
- A love of learning and growing.
- Mobile app experience helpful but not required.
The internship will be unpaid in money but rich in learning and experience. I guarantee the intern will learn a great deal about how to launch and position a web business:
- Marketing strategy and implementation. How to create a unique market position message and craft a product and marketing plan that supports the positioning. Everything is marketing!
- Sales. The true meaning of “sales” and basic sales instruction.
- Website development and design. Principles for excellent, simple and clear web product design that users love.
- CRM and database design. Why a good CRM is so important and how to integrate the CRM into the data flow of the organization.
If interested in this exciting opportunity please send me a private message at chris[at]chrisfharvey[dot]com with the following:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- How can you add value to me?
- Please name one website you think has good UI (user interface). What makes it good? Name one website with bad UI. What makes it bad?
- What is something you achieved that was hard to do, of which you are especially proud?